Audio-Technica ART 7

Good day A,goners :)

I was in love with the AT OC9 III sound until I damaged it accidentally !!!!!!!!!! The needle broke off completely of the cartridge. I am looking for a replacement. 

I am wanting to stay with Audio-Technica, and looking into ART 9 and ART 7. I read the threads here and some other forums in regards to the ART 9 cart. Most likely will go for the ART 9. However, I am curious about the ART 7.

How many of you here are /were ACTUALLY using ART 7? With what phono stage and gain setting? What are the strength and limitation if you are using / used the ART 7?

I will be using it on a Project RMP 9 table with the 9cc Project arm, Simaudio Moon 310Lp phono, XLR cables (6dB additional gain) to BAT pre-amp.  

Thanks a lot for your inputs :)
Subho

128x128confuse_upgraditis
ART7 is about half the price and about as good, from what I've read about the ANV50 but others may know more about it.
@lewm ... you are absolutely right sire.

Too bad the ART 7 is not readily available in the US.
@dgarretson 

I can’t imagine other defects that might require exercise of warranty.

Grey market cartridges with fake serial numbers are not supported by the manufacturers when it comes to retip, refurbishing. The manufacturer support their official distributors. 

William Thakker in Europe is an alternative source for the ART7.  I'm guessing that he is an authorized AT dealer.  You pay a bit more than with 2juki-- about 1K euro after deducting the VAT.

@chakster At the $1K price level I don't worry about a retip. By then there will likely be an ART10.

IIRC, the ART7 improves upon the Anniversary version with a stiffer and lighter liquid polymer coil former. 

@dgarretson i don’t mind buying even used, but the purists should know that official retip or any support is impossible if the manufacturer detect grey market product.