New or Old CD Player?

Let's say I have $5K, tops, to buy a CD player. I don't need digital inputs, outputs, etc. I don't need to spin SACD's. I only intend to play Redbook CD's and want a one-box solution. Would my money be better spent on a new unit, like maybe a Hegel Mohican? Or should I buy a component that was close to state of the art a decade ago? Like maybe a Simaudio 750D, or an Audio Research Reference CD8? Thoughts?
imgoodwithtools
If you are still looking for another CD player. There is one here on audiogon that looks very nice. An old Sony SCD-1. Old but I bet, very good!
elizabeth-

I wanted to ask if you  bought the SA-10 review sample or did you opt for a factory new spinner? Thank You.
Happy Listening!
everest-
the Ayre is tempting, but, those guys did not stock pile the transport/laser assemblies for future replacement?
happy Listening!
everest-
2nd note;
Ayre does stock pile the drive/transport(s) for the DX-5 a/v engine.
Odd.

Happy Listening!
No, I did not buy the review sample. I am still waiting on delivery (soon)
(I am paying for a new machine, I want a new machine)
I just took an old Technics DVD-A10 from the closet. It is the only working RCA digital out CD spinner I have working...
I want one RCA and one Toslink drive.(I am wondering about the HDMI input.. Have to see if my DVD players HDMI can connect and play CDs?
As I wrote, My main plan is to play other machines through the Marantz SA-10 most of the time. (Saving the Marantz drive for special occasions) that way I figure the player will be the last $$$$ disc player I will ever buy... and even if the disc spinner died after warranty and no parts.. The Marantz as DAC will still be good.)