Warner and Blu ray?

I just saw on the net that Warner Brothers is backing Blu ray in the ongoing battle of dvd formats. The saga continues.
south43
I have a toshiba HD-DVD and it works as good as any blu-ray would in my system. I haven't used it. Everytime I go to watch a movie I never get past the turntable and end up playing an LP or two instead. So, if your like me you are immune to the format wars. That is until they come up with HD-LP or Blu-spin high definition records that need dedicated turntables. Then we will know that the sky is falling.
That's too bad that they are joining the Blue ray camp.
HD DVD has announced that they have cancelled their booth at CES. Bad idea, this is like throwing in the towel.
With no competition what will happen to the prices of players and software let alone the driving force for better picture quality.
The upconverting of SD DVD's with the Toshiba XA2 is better than than the Blue rays that I have had. They include the Samsung, Pioneer, and Sony.
Now Paramount stands alone in the manufacturing of HD DVD.
I will still support and buy the the HD DVD copies but for how long ?
I bought HD- early on,then latter bought the bluray. I only own one disc of each format and rent what I watch. I could easily see,early on Sony would be the ruler. They spend more for advertising and now one more studio in their camp doesn't help HD- 's cause. I just wish they would finalise the discs for audio and video so one could play the damm discs without another firmware update.
LA Times this morning declared the format wars over in favor of Blu-Ray. According to the handy dandy chart provided, with the addition of Warner BluRay now has 75% of all the studio content

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/homeentertainment/la-fi-dvd5jan05,1,3370348.story?coll=la-entnews-homeent&ctrack=4&cset=true