Holy Moly Blu-Ray Disc Players below $300

I was in a major electronics chain store last weekend and they had the entry-level Samsung player at about $300. But what really got my attention is that the membership warehouse stores have the Sony 301 (that's a 300 plus HDMI cable included) for under $280.

Makes me wonder if I should have just sprung for that Oppo DV-980H. I *did* get it partly for its SACD/DVD-A capabilities, though.
johnnyb53
Jkalman, wow, where did that come from? Look, I was simply relaying my personal experiences with the two formats and I'm not sure why you feel the need to attack me in your reply. As indicated, I own both formats and certainly have no agenda to advance. Please take the attitude over to AVS or AA where its accepted. Peace, brother, and have a Happy New Year.
Jkalman, wow, where did that come from? Look, I was simply relaying my personal experiences with the two formats and I'm not sure why you feel the need to attack me in your reply.

I didn't attack you. It was faulty logic on your part and you are using that faulty logic to blame an entire format for the problems you are having with one piece of Samsung equipment. In other words, you are generalizing all of Blu-Ray under one umbrella because of your experiences with one piece of playback equipment from a single manufacturer.

If you can't handle someone deconstructing what you post when what you post is faulty, then perhaps you should think more about what you post before clicking the "submit" button, or perhaps consider not posting at all. It certainly would be better than watching you play the victim when someone points out the nonsensical reasoning in your posts.
Cruz123 meet Jkalman. Beware, he doesn't play well with others. Don't argue with him, just walk away. There is no winning any discussion with Jkalman, for he is the Alpha Dog, his opinions are never wrong. Just smile and walk away........slowly.......goooood Jkalman......that's a good boy......
Cruz123 meet Jkalman. Beware, he doesn't play well with others. Don't argue with him, just walk away. There is no winning any discussion with Jkalman, for he is the Alpha Dog, his opinions are never wrong. Just smile and walk away........slowly.......goooood Jkalman......that's a good boy......

Honey, shouldn't you be watching our kids? What's for dinner tonight? Go out and buy yourself something pretty... ;)
HD-DVD is 17Gig a layer and Blu-ray is 25Gig a layer. There is talk of a 3 layer HD-DVD. I don't think storage is much of an issue.
MY hd-dvd works fine (HD-A1), my PS3 80Gig. works better. It boots fast, upsamples great and so far Planet Earth is amazing. If you want blu-ray, buy the PS3 40Gig. It's $400.00 and works great even if you never play a game on it. It works as a movie and music server as well as browses the internet wirelessly.