Holy Moly Blu-Ray Disc Players below $300

I was in a major electronics chain store last weekend and they had the entry-level Samsung player at about $300. But what really got my attention is that the membership warehouse stores have the Sony 301 (that's a 300 plus HDMI cable included) for under $280.

Makes me wonder if I should have just sprung for that Oppo DV-980H. I *did* get it partly for its SACD/DVD-A capabilities, though.
johnnyb53
Cruz123 meet Jkalman. Beware, he doesn't play well with others. Don't argue with him, just walk away. There is no winning any discussion with Jkalman, for he is the Alpha Dog, his opinions are never wrong. Just smile and walk away........slowly.......goooood Jkalman......that's a good boy......

Honey, shouldn't you be watching our kids? What's for dinner tonight? Go out and buy yourself something pretty... ;)
HD-DVD is 17Gig a layer and Blu-ray is 25Gig a layer. There is talk of a 3 layer HD-DVD. I don't think storage is much of an issue.
MY hd-dvd works fine (HD-A1), my PS3 80Gig. works better. It boots fast, upsamples great and so far Planet Earth is amazing. If you want blu-ray, buy the PS3 40Gig. It's $400.00 and works great even if you never play a game on it. It works as a movie and music server as well as browses the internet wirelessly.
The HD-A1 is a no longer available first generation very slow player. WE are on generation three now with gen 4 comin out in 08.