Anyone Using Bose 901 speakers In A Home Theater?

Anyone using Bose 901 speakers in a home theater? I'm considering getting one or two pair of good used 901's in a home theater setup. Anyone using Bose 301 or Bose 501 in a home theater?
128x128mitch4t
Post removed 
Nobody running off at the mouth here in this thread owns a pair of m6's as they bose bash. 901s were great way before constant in your face advertising of today. They are not the bose Bluetooth colors of today. Shame on the "audiophiles" of the new century. They sounded great before speakers averaged +- $8000.
No... They really didn't sound great ever. Blose sued Consumer Reports for their scathing review of them. J. Gordon Holt had mixed things to say about them and ultimately concluded that they were outclassed by their competition. 
Haha, Consumer reports sucks in some ways. As I recall, CR highly rated Allison speakers, after which Roy Allison reamed them for their testing methods, or so I was told, I never actually read this exchange, and the truth may be buried in someone's collection of Audio magazine. 

About the only thing I think they are consistent about is their used car buying guides. 

FWIW, I have owned 2 Bose Home theater systems over the last 15 years.  For the price point, they do an above average job in producing what you want out of a HT system.  HOWEVER with today's technology you are probably better off with a high-end soundbar with a sub.  It will cost roughly 1/3rd the price and produce pretty much what the ~3,000 Bose system will produce.

I think ANYONE who even remotely trying to even suggest that the top of line Bose is up there with Martin Logans being powered by a compatible Amp is on GLUE and rightfully should be completely ignored as a commentary not worth bothering with.