PS Audio DirectStream DAC or Aqua Formula xHD

Any of you have auditioned these 2 DACs can you please tell me the differences in sound signature and is the price difference worth it ?
I'm looking for a very good DAC to use with a Melco music server.
The DAC will be used in a speaker system with Thiel CS 3.7 and also a headphone rig with Hifiman Susvara and Kennerton Odin.

128x128thieliste
@emcdade  thanks for your input, yes i am familiar with R2R as i have auditioned extensively to the full Totaldac Twelve 4 boxes one of the best i've auditioned to date.Also auditioned the Aries Cerat Kassandra 2 Sig wich is also outstanding but way too expensive for me.I'm therefore considering the Totaldac Seven with separate streamer and reclocker or eventually the new Aqua Formula xHD paired with a Melco music server.

I am not familiar with the Aqua DAC

As much as I like R2R Ladder Multibit dacs, I just read the review and bench tests of the  Aqua Formula dac,, and it seems to have a few issues, especially in the bass, that similar discrete R2R dacs don't have and usually shine.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/aqua-acoustic-quality-aqua-formula-xhd-da-processor-measurements

Cheers George
If you buy an Aqua and dislike it, you're stuck with the sound because it's never gonna' change. 

On the other hand, a DirectStream changes based on the firmware you choose to install. Also, the manufacturer, PS Audio, is committed to evolving the product via continuous firmware improvement. I love my DirectStream DAC.