Cartridge Loading- Low output M/C

I have a Plinius Koru- Here are ADJUSTABLE LOADS-
47k ohms, 22k ohms, 1k ohms, 470 ohms, 220 ohms, 100 ohms, 47 ohms, 22 ohms

I'm about to buy an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze that recommends loading at 50-200 ohms

Will 47 ohms work? Or should I start out at 100 ohms?

I'm obviously not well versed in this...and would love all the help I can get.

Also is there any advantage to buying a phono cartridge that loads exactly where the manufacturer recommends?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
Dear @catcher10: """  I tend to agree but then I assume it is because you have to load at a lower setting, which is not good for the cantilever, you run the chance of stiffening the cantilever. """

that was in reference to those Morrow cables. Now, I understand what that loading electrical can or could has some effect on the cartridge compliance and you said that exist a chance to.....

I think that to really stiffening the cantilever something really extraordinary has to happens.

How did you measure and what found out when changing from 500 ohms to 100omhs loading about that cantuilever stiffness that puts it on risk and how can we know when that could happens. Which the loading window limits to play inside in safe way. If any.? which is the role of the cartridge suspension dampers in all this load subject. How can be affected?

I ask that because not only my personal experiences in my system for years but what other audiophiles in their systems experienced when I was at their places. Different systems with different LOMC cartridges. They never reported anywhere a cantilever problem with their cartridges because a 100ohms load not me either.

How can I be aware of it?

Your anwers truly appreciated. Thank's in advance.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

@2channel8 I use 475 ohms because of the cable cap rating and the suggested range by Lyra. Lyra suggests for a 50pF total capacitance loading range should be 510-270 ohms and for 100pF total capacitance range should be 390-200 ohms. My cable is 1.5m and total cap is 60pF, add a small amount for tonearm wiring so I reduced my starting number some. Upon listening sessions anything above 475 ohms seemed too open and bass was restricted, and by open we mean too much high end, not sound stage. Staging actually shrunk some.....
Yesterday I changed my loading to 100K ohms, just to see and listened to about 4 records. It sounded just fine but......I lost resolution and dynamics, as well as sound stage. Any surface noise seemed to be the same. It was like listening with my high cap cable loaded at 121 ohms, so 475 ohms is much closer to being correct from Lyra's mathematical suggestion. This is why my feeling is a phono stage with variable loading is key if you want the best sound possible. I have never tried 1000 ohms, it seems out of the range that Lyra suggests.

@rauliruegas I don't have test bench gear to make any measurements, if that is what you are asking for then I have to bow out, I can't tell you any specific measurements I am getting in my setup when loaded at 121 ohms, 475 ohms or 100K ohms.
JCarr also suggested that can happen if you load the phono stage too low, making the cartridge work harder. It's why he says the use of a lower cap cable allows you to load the phono stage higher resistance values.

If your cantilever does not move freely, I believe it will not ride in the groove easily, it will not read both walls easily and this is when you lose/reduce resolution and also staging draws in.
I only say this because my listening experience tells me this, in my case a 475 ohms loading gives me the highest resolution, dynamics and soundstaging possible as compared to 100-121 ohms and just recently 100K ohms. For my setup, cable, cartridge, tonearm 475 ohms is the optimal setting. Most of this due to how Lyra builds their cartridges, so for me it makes sense. This is why you need to try different settings and listen, but you should understand what is going on at 100 ohms vs 1000 ohms vs 100K ohms.

Cheers
Hanna only states a lower limit of 400 Ohms and Denon a lower limit of 100 Ohms for the DL-301 mkII. No upper limits given. Yesterday I listened to Garcia's Run for the Roses, I have a white label copy that I haven't played much so it's in great shape. I compared 2000 Ohms to 100 kOms. The bass actually sounded more profound with more of the pluck featured at 100k. But that's just one LP so far.
Dear @catcher10: Yesterday I made in deep tests again along the cantilever stiffnees issue.

Wyn posted in this cantilever regards: """ certainly not on tracking which is demonstrably false based on IM tests on tracking performance that I have incidentally performed as a function of load. """

"""
I load mine with 60 ohms (as do many users) and I find that the resolution and dynamics is excellent while maintaining a natural timbre, tonal balance and micro/macro dynamics while not creating the unnatural etched image that many "high resolution" MC cartridges produce.
From my tests I agree with him. If other gentlemans insist about that cantilever stiffness then could be just negligible and with no real significance. Cartridge tracking habilities are manteined regarding how we are loading it. """

That leaves all to PS units dependent and Wyn said: " perhaps ".

After the yesterday overall tests the behavior of my system/room confirms what I posted before: higher resolution/dynamics, etc, etc. at 100 ohms, way better than the 47k.

Btw, I loaded the Kleos at 100 ohms with true top quality performance and before that the Titan, Helikon or Evolve.

""" 
This is why you need to try different settings and listen, but you should understand what is going on at 100 ohms vs 1000 ohms vs 100K  """

the key word in your statement is: " understand ". Remember one of latest posts where I said and explain why we need to have a " bullet proof evaluation/test proccess? and forrest vs tree's branch?

I can tell you that I understand it and I hope every one can understand it too because it's really easy to be losted in the " forest " or in that often audiophile " mistake " : " I like it " .

Thank's for your answer.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.