Best possible separates for Thiel CS 3.7

Hi guys here's another new topic for crazy Thiel enthusiasts like me lol.
My question of the day is if you had a budget of 50K to drop in a pre-power combo to drive a pair of Thiel CS 3.7 what would be your top 3 favorite choices ?Here is what i have in mind at the moment : Ypsilon pre-power monos, KR Audio P135 + Kronzilla DX monos, and Aries Cerat Impera ll Ref + Concero 65 monos.All of these 3 pre-power combos can be purchased in Europe for just under 50K brand new.
Have a good day.
Thieliste
128x128thieliste
A no preamp configuration that would be top notch is Ayre MX-R Twenty driven by Totaldac Seven + d1-server.
A no preamp configuration
FWIW, Stereophile’s review of the Ayre QX-5 found the SQ to be better with a KX-5 feeding the amp rather than using the DAC’s digital volume control in a direct connection. That may not apply to the totaldac but you want to get it right when spending this much!
@beetlemania You can check this video where Vincent Brient drives directly 3 huge monoblocks with his 4 units Totaldac Twelve at the Munich show :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxI3BVKiDI
Hi guys, here's the latest news regarding my quest for the ultimate Thiel CS 3.7 rig.On oct 24 i will be demoeing in Geneva at Dartzeel factory NHB-18NS + NHB-108 model 2 combo.The next day i will be in Zurich to demo Aries Cerat Impera ll preamp + Diana Forte stereo amp driving a pair of Thiel CS 3.7s.The AC Kassandra Ref DAC will also be in this rig.In the afternoon we will go listen 2 other rigs also with Aries Cerat pre-power and some KR Audio stereo amp driving nice horns.There is one last ultimate pre-power combo that i would like to demo on my Thiels : CH Precision L1+X1+M1 stereo.As you can see my budget has raised quite a bit but this will be for me a once in a life time system.My digital front end will be the brand new Totaldac d1-Twelve mk2 + d1-server.
thieliste OP
My question of the day is if you had a budget of 50K to drop in a pre-power combo to drive a pair of Thiel CS 3.7 what would be your top 3 favorite choices
You need to look at the impedance/-phase graph to make an informed decision.
This speaker cries out for solid state with plenty of current, which to me says big muscle amps amps with bi-polar (bjt) output stages.
EG: Gryphon, Krell, D’Agostiono, ect ect .
(My choice would be a Gryphon Antillion Evo with user adjustable Class-A bias points while playing music)
http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products/power-amplifiers/antileon-evo-stereo.aspx

https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/1208T37fig1.jpg
  • " CS3.7’s impedance remains between 2 and 3 ohms over much of the audioband (fig.1), and that there is a demanding combination of 3.8 ohms and –40° capacitive phase angle at 60Hz. Thiel specifies the impedance being nominally 4 ohms, with a minimum of 2.8 ohms. I actually found the minimum impedance to be 2.4 ohms at 125Hz. The difference between 2.8 and 2.4 ohms is academic, either mandating use of an amplifier that has no problem delivering high currents."

Cheers George