Zu Druid questions

For some reason I've ttally overlooked these speakers. I've seen them mentioned many times and am unsure why they didn't catch my attention until now.

Anyhow, I'm very curious. I am currently running a pair of Usher 6381's. Has anyone listenedd to both the six series Ushers and the Druids? I'd love to hear your observations.

These appear to be basically a horn type speaker in the way they function. Do they have a sound similar to that of say the Klipsh heritage series, or am I way off bass?

I once owned a pair of LaScallas that I loved, but just could not put up with the size. These have peaked my interest.

Thanks.
jack_dotson
Just to confirm, yes Zu does break in the speakers now. I saw the burn-in rack myself. I think Sean said they get 100 hours before they leave.
I read elsewhere they only did this with their top of the line model. If I decide to order I'll find out for sure.

I love the sound of my Ushers, but because of my living room and the big entertainment center, they're a beach to place. The slant and size make it difficult for me to get them out into the room where they can breath without the wife throwing a fit.

I was thinking the depth of the Druids might actually work to my advantage. I'm also seriously kicking around the idea of just turning this system into a HT and using a spare bedroom to set up a two channel rig.

Problem is this room is only 13'6" X 12'6" so the 6381's are a bit big, but the the Druids would probably fit in either situation. This would mean some major moves.

Oh no, am I looking for an excuse to upgrade yet again? :-)
Jack,

I agree that your room at those dimensions are not doing the Ushers well. One thing I wanted was a better near field speaker, and would say that the Druids fit that requirement very well. My room is 19 x22 x 8 and I still thought the Ushers ( both 81's and 71's)could benefit from a larger space

Some interesting comments no doubt from all of us above, and we are glad to help. Let us all know what you ultimately wind up doing.

Ken
+++Broccoli gives me gas.+++ I'm having that reaction to all the chatter about "measurements". Lab measurements are so very useful-if everyone who bought the speakers set them up in an anechoic chamber with no furniture. I wouldn't find music nearly as entertaining watching it on a 'scope. IMO.
I wouldn't find music nearly as entertaining watching it on a 'scope. IMO.
Alaric (Answers)
Yup. Listen to them. If you like them, then you keep them. If you don't like them, then you send them back. No measuring required.