klipsh forte III purchase

contaplating purchase
128x128jerrygarcia
The Forte III is not your dad's Forte. This is a modern speaker that can go toe to toe with most of the best in and above its price range. I bought a pair in March and can say they are at least as good as anything else I have owned and better than most. I will be selling mine but only because I bought a pair of klipschorns.

Oz
My two favorite speakers as I was getting into audio back in the 80s as a kid were KEF 104.2s and Klipsch Fortes. I can only imagine how good an upgraded Forte sounds. My search begins.

tute, thanks for the input on the center but I can only fit the 250 where it needs to go. This is just for a simple 5.1 setup.
The new Forte III does sound amazingly good, and from what I've seen the Heritage line does have all the "current tech" they need. Take one apart and look inside (I did with my Heresy IIIs, as well as with everything else I buy...curious, just curious) and you'll find a clean design, with biwiring posts, premium internal wire and parts, and a bulletproof, well executed build all around. I chose the Heresy because I have a couple of REL subs so I don't need the size (large...they're large) of a Forte, and note I bought my Heresy IIIs (Capitol Edition...whatever that means) for about 1500 bucks and the Fortes are substantially more costly. Worth it though...most modern audio geeks don't care about Klipsch (I didn't really...I was way to hip for them) but a need for efficiency caused me to audition them...man was I wrong, as they're an absolute bargain relative to other stuff around the marketplace as they sound tremendous and are clearly built to last.
I saw a local pair of Forte IIs for $400ish that I’m thinking about. I could swap my older KEF Reference Model Twos for them to tide me over for Forte IIIs. Hmmm.
@wolf_garcia - If you think Fortes are "large", strap on some La Scallas or, gulp, K-Horns! I owned the La Scallas for several months but had to sell as they were too dang big. I loved the mid-range but overall thought the sound "unbalanced" compared to modern speakers. An ace engineer could take this design to new heights (maybe not at their reasonable price, however).
Can't wait to get Forte IIIs! They sound great (better balance) and mate well with low power tubes and Pass amps e.g. XA-25.