TIGER PAW "Tranquility" (Magnetic Bearing Repulsion...) Any Good?

I have stumbled across a new LINN LP12 enhancement called TIGER PAW TRANQUILITY.

In essence, it uses magnetic discs and is said to relieve the bearing of 90% of the platter weight - so a lighter load means a quieter bearing.

Online endorsements seem to be overwhelmingly in favour.

It's pricey for a non-LINN part at about GBP400 + Shipping, but seems like a great idea.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried it?  Any feedback?
128x128sondeknz
If I remember correctly, the bottom disc of the Tranquility is attached to the top of the bearing and the upper disc mounts to the underside of the sub platter. This enables the sub platter to essentially float off the bearing. However, I can certainly see how this could also introduce speed issues. 

@varyat 

Can you elaborate a little more as to your thoughts about the differences that you heard pre and post Tranquility?
I bought a Tranquility and installed it on my LP12 a couple days ago. Ordered the unit from the UK. It was delivered to the West Coast in four days. Installation and adjustment took about an hour, which included reading the instructions a few times. The instructions were pretty clear, though not 100% accurate. FYI, if you buy a “Tranq,” the magnet assembly that is fitted to the inner platter is installed so that the screw heads are visible. The final thing to check is that there is no audible rubbing with the motor driving the table with an LP on it. Tiger Paw included a pair of film handling gloves, which is very thoughtful.

The sonic benefits are immediately audible and obvious. On the LP’s listened to so far there is better bass definition and detail, soundstage is wider, instruments and voices occupy their own space, highs and mids are clearer and sweeter, and overall the sound of the table is much faster and more dynamic. I could go on. Not sure if I would characterize my assessment as a “rave.” However, the results exceeded my expectations. 

I think the Tranquility is a very good investment. I am very pleased with it. For context my turntable is an oldie... S/N 17XXX.  No Cirkus, new belt, new oil, new bushings, Ittok arm with Cardas Clear wire direct to pre, Goldbug Medusa cart, Spec AP-UD1 mat. It’s great that the Tranquility can improve a 40 year-old table.

To the the issues raised in earlier posts... I suppose speed or slippage issues could be encountered if the lower magnet is not adjusted properly for normal operation. The platter assembly spun freely for several revolutions during setup of my system. Also the platter height did not change on my system after the Tranquility was installed. So I believe the bearing position remains unchanged. 

I think the Tranquility works very well and represents very good value.

Anybody here using a Radikal D power supply with the Tranquility?

@mre28m5-- Why did you skip the Cirkus bearing mod? This mod is IMO a real game changer...gives you a lot of what you described in your post above.

I’m still on the fence about the Tiger Paw Tranquility mod...too many naysayers around, plus I don’t want to have any issues with the speed control...which is now really amazing.
davey- I have the Radikal D power supply and have found no problems with speed control utilizing the Tranquility....