What has your audiophile experience taught you about yourself?

So that is the question, "What has your audiophile experience taught you about yourself?" I would think it interesting to know what others have found in an introspective way. This is what I have found.

1. At first I believed in the hype created by over-enthusiastic new gear owners. Most often I made mistakes in buying gear other people liked rather than listening to audio components and picking the pieces I enjoyed.
2. I found more actual enjoyment in listening to my music and my equipment rather than lust after better equipment, much of which is out of my financial reach.
3. I can learn from others on audio sites like audiogon.com. Some other sites are much more geared toward advertising than exchange of ideas and/or opinions.
4. It is ok to want a Bose Wave radio. I once owned Bose 901 speakers in the 80's.
128x1282psyop
The only important criteria is emotional involvement. Specs are meaningless. 

Integrating the room and the speakers is critical. 

Not all all equipment using the same components sounds the same. Implementation is everything. I am paying for intellectual property, not components. 

The front-electronics and amps are as or more important than speakers. 

Technology continues to improve the quality of components. 
After some contemplation, I realized when I wrote:                   
" That posting anything is like yelling out on a street corner at 2AM next to a bar full of drunks:",Hey! lets all have a fight! "
That some folks just have to tell you what you did wrong, and what you should have done, even is all you are doing is saying you bought something.      
That no matter what you write, someone is going to totally vehemently disagree with you.
That some folks are going to tell you your own experiences have no meaning, because they have this theory... And they know it is right, and that your experience is totally confused rubbish, because hey! they know their theory is right, right! ""                                         
I realize that I am writing ABOUT MYSELF, and my own actions. The dark side, the shadow side.So I apologize to everyone whom I have attacked, insulted, and generally annoyed the heck out of.
@elizabeth 
It is not you. There are people on this site who are often wrong but never uncertain. They are smarter than everyone else, never test there theories and will not let facts interfere with their opinions. 
Good points from all. A short story-
I once had a friend (soldier buddy) who went to many of the same mobilizations and countries that I did. He had commented on the food, women, houses, clothes behavior of the people from all the places he visited stating America is so much better in all areas. He made very critical judgements, often stating facts. I mentioned he was exeriencing “ethnocentrism” and it was common for soldiers to do this when traveling abroad. I found over the years he was not interested in being introspective or learning much from others. He was sure about everything he knew about himself and the greater, bigger world around him. I often think about him when I read some comments made by audiophiles. We all can grow and learn, if we want to. If we see the education in that process and the benefit it can provide.