Hi i have platinum audio bookshelf monitors that do not sound right...

i'v been told my (Mcintosh C28, 7100) is not enough power for the (Platinum audio monitors), what do you recommend? (no limit) on budget (with in reason) !!!!
128x128mantaman
What is it with all these people around here who happen to have rich friends who can toss them a Krell they have lying around or a set of Nordost Valhallas they do not use.
I must be moving in the wrong circles methinks!
Luck to be given a 3 day old half eaten cheeseburger!

Seriously those Platinums just need some more current to kick into high gear.
One thing you did not mention though, even though you say you need 3/4 preamp volume to get the output you desire what does it actually SOUND like at that?
I mean if you like it, the amp is not clipping etc then there may just not be an issue at all. Or not an issue that requires fixing at this time.
Uberwaltz
Hi and thanks for your response, i understand what you are saying, but i don't think i should have to turn it up so high just to get a satifysing sound, that's why i'm gonna try a higher power amp, As for my rich friend, its his son's Krell, while he's  away at college (i'm gonna try to talk him into going for his PHd, i' know i'm gonna hate to give the krell back.  Will up date at a later time....
OP
I think he needs go for 10 years minimum for sure!
I understand your thoughts and certainly give the Krell a try, just I have found over the years some items when gains do not match up perfectly I have had the volume up too (80% on one combo I remember) and as it sounded ok to my ears I did not lose too much sleep over it.
Let us know how the Krell works out, I can always give it a home if you are really struggling....lol