DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
I'll sooner spend $7K on a white powder from South America than on a friggin piece of wire!
I have cables coming from The Cable Company at many different price points so I can compare speaker cables, XLR cables and USB cables. Timber vs AQ for speaker cables. Canare, Mogami Studio Gold, AQ Mackenzie and two others the Cable Company recommended. And four different USB cables including a printer cable. This is either going to be expensive or save me money.

PC -> PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC -> Levinson 333 -> B&W Nautilus 801.

Every step of cables can be switched out. I also have an assistant signed up to come switch cables for me. As she knows absolutely about cables or Audio it will be double blind in my case. Then I intend to have her see if she can hear a difference. She is generally content listening to music on her MacBook or iPhone so if she can hear or describe a difference or identify different cables then we will have data.

I intend to do some video recording of the process and summarize what we find. I’ll share complete result here regardless of what we find.
ron1319,

That sounds like fun!

Though so long as your helper knows she's switching cables (or not) the test isn't double blind.   But still, the results will be interesting to hear about.  (Double blind tests for various equipment can be quite hard to set up, but I've done a number of single blind tests, though with seemingly low probability of experimenter bias,  that have been interesting).