DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
It’s been covered that due to how the human body works, hearing and mind aspects, that double blind testing for sonic comparison purposes...beyond a very few basic a-b switches... does not work.

Dig around on the forum. the data on the why is right there, in fully detailed and backed science in investigating the human function.
Who needs wire? I'm going to use troughs of mercury for all signal connections!
I still think that changing the composition of air in the room would have bigger impact on the sound than turning the cable around. It may be even more expensive and, therefore, a preferred method.
In my experience, in a truly electrically balanced system, XLR interconnects make just a bit of difference....no big deal....however speaker cables make a very big difference.   In my system power cables made the biggest difference.
I recently purchased Audioquest Mocha HDMI, upgraded a vodka. Same cable but with the DBS pack. What a difference that made in the picture. The coffee (Mocha)had a sharper, more detailed, and richer color than the vodka. I noticed the same difference when I chaged to the vodka from the carbon and carbon from cinnamon . Each step up was a clearer and more defined picture, better color, and greater contrast. All the comparisons were made on a paused frame from a Dolby vision blu Ray player to a Dolby vision OLED 4K tv, with a native 4K Dolby vision movie. The differences between the cables were faint, but obvious. Except when I went from cinnamon directly to Mocha, that was very obvious. But going incrementally as the line up goes small improvements with each step of better cable.  I simply changed the cable out and put the other one because I was curious if in fact HDMI cable matters or is just snake oil. Now I don’t know if I can say spending 500 dollars on an HDMI cable and it will be worth the difference, that’s for your eyes to determine, and if the difference is worth the extra cash again use your judgment. I had all the cables already so I wasn’t buying any just to see if there is a difference. A cheaper upgrade and well worth the money in my option is the Audioquest mocha, it’s limited time through select online distributors only and Only available in 1M . It’s exactly the same as a coffee 500 dollar cable but relabled as a mocha and only 200 dollars, I wish they offered more options for length. If I didn’t have a ton of money wrapped up in HDMI already I most likely would purchase enough to put one on every component. 

The same theory holds true for speaker wire, interconnects, and sub cables. I use Audioquest water for interconnects , and rocket88 speaker wires.i have also explored different interconnects and speaker wires and heard a very noticeable difference. A friend loaned me a pair of castle rock speaker wire and it was a HUGE improvement. The same goes for interconnect, the same guy brought over a pair of red river XLR and a pair of FIRE XLR, the water have a very noticeable presence over the red river and the fire were dramaticly better than the water, but way out of my budget.

I personally have not heard any difference by changing a power cable, however I will admit a firehose for a power cable sure looks cool! 

In conclusion as much as people like to bash HDMI cables, speaker cables and interconnects online and other forums calling them snake oil , the fact remains, they do matter. Get the best you can with the budget that’s available to you. A better cable, better materials, better insulation will in fact give a better result.

I hope this post helps helps some people, I do not have much experience with other company’s other than Audioquest, partially because a friend is a dealer and I get nice discounts plus I get to help a friend make some money at the same time.