Bryston preamps

Bryston is renowned for their amps obviously. I have a BP 25 into a 14b3 but have a chance to upgrade now to a BP 26 or 17. Should I instead invest in a tube preamp (5k budget) or stick with bryston for synergy. Audio Advisor has Parasound and Vincent. A forum post I read about the Para sound said it might sound to lean With the bryston. I'm looking to buy new this time around. Thanks for any input. Huh there is the George Lightspeed to ponder.
128x128blueranger
@blueranger -- my apologies.  I've never heard a bad word about Ohm speakers and unfortunately haven't heard them myself.  I'm sure they punch way above their price from everything I've read.  Shame on me.  No way to move up in the Ohm line?

Having owned and greatly admired my Bryston BP6 and had it hooked up to a couple different Bryston amps and others, once you get your new amp burned in I'd still try to audition a good tubed pre just to see what it does.  Definitely keep in mind Al's warning about the 14B3 low input impedance though, and I think the Atmasphere pre would be an awesome pre to audition if you can.  I think a Bryston amp properly mated with a tubed pre could be a sublime combo.  Anyway, I'd be very interested to hear your impressions of the new versus older Bryston amp.

Help!!
i have a 4B cubed amp with the Bp17 pre.
Looking to upgrade phono stage to tube for a little warmth and was considering the Herron. Actually talked to a Keith and he said because of the low input impedance of the bp17 a tube front end wouldn’t be a great fit.
I love the amp but do I change out the 17 to tube pre or do a bryston ss phono stage.
Rega RP10 and Harbeth 40.
Advise
bermart,
I have a 4Bsst2 and am still using a BP6. I agree with soix - -effectively, it's a straight wire with gain.   Remember, as soix pointed out, the BP6 shares very similar topology with the BP26 (as per James Tanner)  For a CD spinner, I recently added a Bryston BCD-3 for an extensive collection of RedBook CDs. Driving a pair of Thiel 2.7s and a Thiel  SS2.2 sub, I couldn't be happier with the BP6 and 4B amp.  
I run a BP17 in my 2nd system and I do it with a tube phono stage (CJ Premier 15) and have no issues ( I use a step up transformer for gain).

The BP17 is dead quiet at all gain settings and is a good sounding preamp