Hansen Emperor vs......

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has ever listened to the Hansen Emperor speakers? How would you rate them against eg. Marten Coltrane, Kharma speakers and the Avalon Eidolon Diamond for instance?

I've heard good things about Hansen but have no experience with them, Could anyone describe the sound?

Thanks a lot
maxx1973
I've heard the Prince's in a private home and all I can say is that they are a true reference grade speaker. They will be completely transparent to the source, which means you need very high quality stuff to use with them.

If it sounded screetchy it was probably something upstream of them that was doing it. I've heard them beautiful and dynamic and full. Seeing what the Prince's can do I can't imagine how the larger speakers in the lineup can improve on that.

Enjoy,
Bob
Guido,

Once again, you are 100% completely wrong here!!!! The electronics driving the Hansen Emperors were the Boulder 1012 Preamp and 2060 amplifier -- NOT Halcro... Seems like you might have been anywhere else but in the room you've provided misinformation on TWICE. What's up???
What's up??? It's an obvious conspiracy mounted by the enemies of Hansen: Conniving Guido is mutinously misguiding the working masses, shamelessly and continuously. Call the cavalry.
WildWildWes, I presume you're not aware... I wasn't either until Guido came to my room at RMAF.

Guido is blind. That's why he said "I can report only what my ears detected".

My wife was running my RMAF room when Guido came in, and when he asked a few questions she let him have a little hands-on time with one of my speakers. I was amazed at what he could discern about my design and construction technique just by touch.

Now my wife has a rather pretty voice, and for all I know that may be the only reason he didn't say my speakers were screechy too!

Duke