Should 2nd. Buyer Receive Guarantee ?

Some manufacturers like Cary an CJ to name two make great stuff but they refuse to honor any remaining warrantee to 2ed. buyer. I think that sucks ! It certainly reduces the potential selling price for anyone wishing to sell relatively new stuff. Does this upset anyone else or do you think it is justified ?
stokjoc
I have very little that I can add to the above comments except to stand firm with my fellow consumers....The companies that make this stuff supposedly make it to uncompromising standards. These components represent their cratsmanship and when they out their names on them they should stand by them through any wear throughout the time they certify them. Anything else simply represents a shameful way to avoid a debt of honor to us the consumer.
That said I note the gfrequent anecdotal reports like the above from the Cary user that shows that many of these manufacturers do care about their product albeit unofficially. By the way, does anyone know of a ferrari, lexus or any Ford warranty is transferable? Is a dishwasher?

Best

jd
I am not exactly sure what the warrantee policy of KRELL is for items purchased in 2001, but for ones prior to that they do honor the warrantee going (5 years) back to the original date of manufacture. Also they are a little soft on that time-frame.
I have always found KRELL to be more than fair ........ but, I hope that they will continue the policy above.

Richard
It's their money, their company and their reputation and it's up to them (the manufacturer's). More important to me is, that if I have a warranty, how the service is, if needed. I seem to have read a lot of horror stories about products under warranty. I have had excellent service (small things, but nonetheless) from Castle Acoustics (UK, binding posts), Bel Canto Designs (repair of a solder connection) and Studio Tech (some small parts for my equipment rack). Service for some of the other items that I own or have owned in the past has been no more pleasant than having a root canal. A piece of paper, though comforting, does not always tell the whole story. Because of this I value the comments of the users at this site. My two bits, anyway.