How different between B&W 804s & B&W 805s????

I'm currently using a pair 805s and having a good chance upgrading to B&W 804s. I know that floorstanding speakers always better than the bookshelf but how different??? I'm also saving some money 4 my new amp(my target is Mcintosh 6900 or 2275), so, shoud i upgrade this speakers or saving that money for my future amp????
ngocdj
Let me supplement my previous response by also saying that the 805, 804, and 803 are very demanding speakers when it comes to components. You can never good wrong with upgrading your front end components before your speakers, especially when you have speakers as good as the 805s.

The 805 is good enough that you should get the benefit of every component upgrade you make. I am thinking that the 805, the 804, and the 803 probably "max out" at around the same place.

With that Marantz, you are not even close to realizing what the 805 can do with respect to resolution and imaging. Not by a long shot. So you have to figure out what your priorities are. If you want to hear more midrange and high-end information, better stereo imaging, and a more refined sound, your 805 can absolutely do that for you but you need a better amp/preamp or integrated amp. If you are happy with the sound you have now but want deeper bass, the speaker upgrade will do that for you but it would be a parallel move in other respects.

There is no doubt that you should eventually do both, the question is, what kind of improvement are you looking for with your next move?

The rabbit hole gets very deep at this level.
Blackstonejd: Nice post. First, the 602S3 was a great speaker - I have a pair in my second system and I would not part with them. Second, I agree that the 803S is a large improvement over the 804. Indeed, the next step up in my opinion is not the 803D, which I found to have poor integration between the drivers, but the 802D. As to the driving electronics - absolutely agree. B&W's like current.
Blackstonesjd : Thanks for your post, it very helpful but i think i'll stay with 805s (Or may be upgrade 804s) because my room is small, it's only 12spm (3x4). 803s will be too big for this room. I'm going to buy a new McIntosh 6600 soon and find out what 805s can give first then upgrade the speakers later.
I think that is the right way to go. Please let us know what you think of the 805 with the new amp.
I've heard MA6900 pair with this 805 before at a hifi shop. It sounds amazing even the room is big and room acoustic not so good, I believe MA6600 can do better than that. Once again thanks all of you for sharing experience, i'm sure those experience cost you alot of money in the past