What is your favorite type of tweeter?

It seems to me that 98% of speakers under $1000/pr use dome tweeters, 95% of speakers under $5000/pr use domes, 92% of speakers under $10000/pr use domes, and 90% of speakers over $10000/pr use domes. Do those stats seem reasonable?

If a manufacturer were designing a new loudspeaker at a $5K or $10K price point, would there be a bias in favor of domes, in order to stick with a known, familiar entity, or a bias away from domes, in order to create interest and set oneself apart from the competition?

This forum does not have a "Poll" function, so I can't ask everyone to vote for their favorite type of tweeter. But I will be grateful for any comments.
javachip
Got to admit the ribbons used on the BIG Nola speakers blew me away.Unbelievable sense of air,and detail.Of course there were like a million of them on each panel -:)

I've always thought my Titanium tweets used in my Avalon Ascents were still amazingly viable,in lieu of supposed progress,but the tweeters used in the Magico Mini's are devastatingly dynamic and clean,even at high volume levels.

Yes,the Esotar is a nice meaty tweet,in the best sense,but not the last word in air.Certainly not a weakness.

Best
rtr electrostatic tweeters were wonderful.

the original quad esl treble panel was no slouch, either.
Plasma tweeters. Nothing else comes close. The first time you hear these, you will be astonished by how slow everything else sounds. The sound emerges from space, as if from nowhere.

My pet hates are metal dome tweeters. All of them sound metallic and harsh. Particularly bad when partnered with solid state amps.
Amfibius,I have to admit I've been fascinated with the concept of those Plasma designs.

The Lansche speakers look to be amazing,in that they have a unique bass augmentation,coupled to a superb mid,and the Plasma tweet!!All,in a somewhat small package.

Though I've not heard a plasma designed tweeter(actually,I may have heard the earliest type many years ago,but don't have a good fixation on it)I can see no technical reason to doubt your input.Except....

There are some darn good metal dome designs,which need good matching componentry.Otherwise the gag impulse sets in quickly!

Still,the Plasma design should be magnificent!

Best
I second the Essotar tweeters in the Old Sonus Extrema's and The expensive Dynaudio's. Those and the inverted one's in the Wilson's and JM Lab's Eutopias are veryy good. But I'd have to say I like the Essotar's for dome's, best overall (however hard to drive)