What is your favorite type of tweeter?

It seems to me that 98% of speakers under $1000/pr use dome tweeters, 95% of speakers under $5000/pr use domes, 92% of speakers under $10000/pr use domes, and 90% of speakers over $10000/pr use domes. Do those stats seem reasonable?

If a manufacturer were designing a new loudspeaker at a $5K or $10K price point, would there be a bias in favor of domes, in order to stick with a known, familiar entity, or a bias away from domes, in order to create interest and set oneself apart from the competition?

This forum does not have a "Poll" function, so I can't ask everyone to vote for their favorite type of tweeter. But I will be grateful for any comments.
javachip
Fountek CD3.0 ribbon tweeters are what I have in my speakers. You do need the right design to make these work well as the range is more limited, but the clarity is hard to pass up.
Infinity EMIT tweeters are my personal favorite these days. I picked up a pair of 1980's vintage RSIIb's recently and the EMIT tweeters and EMIM midranges are amazing. Crystal clear yet very dynamic. Only drawback is that they aren't made anymore, so you have to buy them vintage and hunt for spares - worth it in my opinion, though.
Unclejeff,

I think you are looking at replacing the drivers. As far as I know, the KEF's don't have any fuses in them. I've had a small set of UNI-Q's for years, and auditioned at home a nice pair of 205's for about a month, and found no fuses of any kind. Probably best to contact a KEF service center, and see if the whole driver assembly has to be replaced, or maybe just the tweeter.

Best of luck,
Dan
I have metal dome tweeters from 2-5k and the Acapella Ion plasma tweeters above that. I like them without exception far better than any other tweeter I've ever heard, and fortunately, no, they don't smell :-). If anyone is curious about these I will be happy to share my experience with them.
Paul