DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
Hello everybody:
I was in a conversation with an excellent mfg of high end speaker cables. And he said "Charlie try the Denafrips". Having no mind of my own I thought ok? So which model to try and if I like a junior version how would I go about auditioning or if I cant audition the DAC can I try a mid level Denafrips and if I like it can I upgrade for no loss?
Thanks for the help!
Best Charlie
@char2  Not sure if this is even an option but I'd reach out to Alvin of Vinshine Audio to see if there are any demos available.

There used to be a list of models and locations around the world...perhaps Alvin can check if there is one close to you with an owner willing to have you over for a listen.

If you do purchase, they are relatively easy to resell.
Hello fellow Denafripsers,
Anxiously waiting for delivery of a Terminator according to tracking which should arrived my door in less than 24 hours. At the same time not sure how it's going to sound in my own set up. Finally before this never imagined myself wiling to pay a rather dear price for a ... MIC audio product.