Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
I've confirmed with my system that 100s and Walsh 5s sound mostly the same in a small to moderate sized room.

If you do not have bass deficiencies, there is no reason to go larger in a room of a particular size.

Larger rooms will benefit in bass and overall performance weight from larger Ohm Walsh models.

In my largest room, ~ 20'X 30' and L shaped, the difference from 100s to Walsh 5 is marginal as I've described.

The Walsh 5's could go in much larger rooms than any of mine.
The more I play the Ohm's the more I'm impressed with the seamlessness of the sound... must be the large frequency range covered by that Walsh driver. And the midrange... wow! Female voices sound stunning.

I will also say with pleasure that there's not a hint of glare or harshness here... these speakers sound like music, not like "hi-fi."

I called John at Ohm today and thanked him, and told him how delighted I am with the MWT's. He asked me how I thought they compared with the Arro, and I described the increased bass authority and texture, the sense of air and space around the instruments, the depth of the soundstage (the back wall "disappearing") and so on.

He said that the MWT's take between 60 and 100 hours to fully break in, and that they'll keep sounding better. He said that bass extension and midrange sweetness will improve, while the highs should remain fairly well the same.

He also said that the biggest mistake people make with the Ohm's is pulling them too far off the back wall. He was really appreciative of my call.
I am happy that OP is enjoying his Ohm Micro Walshes. But why put Totems on eBay rather than A'gon? :)

As someone interested in comparing various brands, and it was good to hear that they bested Totems, I would be most interested to know if anybody here has been able to compare them with other faves talked about here: Tyler, Salk, Daedalus, Proac, GMA, Zu etc? It would be interesting to determine if the Ohms are simply good at their asking price or could they actually play in the same league as these others?
I've been researching the Ohms and speakers in general for a few months now. I've listened to the Sunfire CRM-2's, maggie 1.6's, various Martin Logans and other brands for a while. The Ohm's intrigue me more than any other design I've come across.

This thread has been GREAT. I actually log-on twice a day to check for updates, and so far I really like what I'm reading.

I'm about a year away from making any sort of purchase, but I appreciate all of the input you all are giving one another. Good stuff! It is making me a bit impatient to make a purchase though...