Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Espresso- that's awesome! It's very exciting to read about all the folks buying Ohm's. I hope everyone posts every detail about their experiences with them.

Yeah... as the original poster in this thread, I have to say that I've gotten a kick out of all the folks who've been inspired to try Ohms as a result. Soon we'll have our own discussion board somewhere. :-)
You can also adjust the treble by adjusting the "toe-in" (I assume the MWTs are similar to my 100s in this respect). Be sure to experiment a bit before settling on final placement/orientation.

Agreed with Martykl on this one. Although the Ohms (both the MWT's and the 100's) are fairly forgiving with room placement, their tonal balance will be substantially affected by toe-in, especially in the upper frequencies, and by proximity to rear wall and corners, as far as bass is concerned. You'll also want to play with positioning to obtain the best imaging and soundstage. With the right source material, the Ohms are astonishing in that regard.
I'm not sure if this is acceptable technique or not, but this is something that's working for me.

Obviously, I'm obssessed with bass response, and I've noticed that the Ohm's are faithful to the source material. If the recording is lean on bass, the Ohm's reveal it. My past speakers tended to make most recordings sound the same- but not the Ohm's.

Anywah- they are light enough and easy enough to move that I can adjust bass, soundstage and imaging by moving them. Closer to the back wall, more bass but smaller soundstage. Move them out, less bass but WIDE soundstage and the 'floor-to-ceiling' effect.

I don't know if this is crazy or not, but for me it makes more sense than boosting EQ and adding distortion.

Any thoughts?

-S
What size room, by the way? And what finish on the speaks?
Rebbi (Threads | Answers)

Rebbi, my family room is rectangular (stuffed with furniture) 11X18X8. The Walsh 5 S3 speakers will be on a short wall on each side of a fireplace. They have the rosewood finish.