Solidsteel Racks

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Solidsteel racks and their customer service? I wanted to order the HF-4 rack, as it's big enough to hold my McIntosh amp and I like the way it looks. That said, it's listed as temporarily out of stock on Crutchfield and an email sent to the company a few days ago has gone unanswered. Should I just move on to another company? Suggestions? (I don't want an all wood rack. I like the look of the metal legs and black shelves).
mayoradamwest
I have 2 solid steel 5 racks. Must be 10yrs old now. Filled the legs/shelf supports with sand. One of them supports my turntable which sits on 80lbs of layered granite. I think they are excellent stands although as said shelves could be improved.
@lostbears I'm not sure how that translates to the current Solidsteel lineup. They do offer a ceramic shelf option. As for Zoethecus - I'm glad you like yours, but I have all SS devices, I don't even think Zoethecus is still in business? and either way I have about -42 interesting in the aesthetic of their racks. 

That said, I'll give Solidsteel another day and then move on to something else. It's depressing how bad customer service these days. I just ran a few errands and stopped a car dealer in hopes to check out a future purchase. There were maybe a dozen people wandering around and the only 2 salesman I could see were helping other people. No one offered to help any of the people there who were clearly looking for help. Most I saw ended up just leaving. 

As for Solidsteel - how hard is to reply to simple emails from potential customers? It's 2018. Email should be treated almost no different than a phone call.
Look at the Symposium Acoustics Foundation rack looks and sounds much better than Solidsteel. Symposium is a wonderful co with great customer service as well.Good luck!!

My only point was that I had a SolidSteel Rack a while back. At the time it seemed like a decent rack. But in hindsight I was not all that impressed. That was a few years ago. There new line might be great, I don't know.

Thanks @ebm 

the Symposium racks look nice. I wish I could get the Osiris. Especially is copper they look awesome. I’ve sent them an email as their ordering seems complicated and there aren’t too many online sources.