Mytek slams Hypex in Stereophile Amp Review

Mytek's chief designer, Michal Jurewicz, told me. "Hypex [class-D modules] cannot drive it, the amps collapse, but this Brooklyn Amp does it with ease."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mytek-brooklyn-amp-power-amplifier

Which is pretty interesting, because the closest I could find to their specs is from ICEpower modules. :) 

I've not been able to do comparisons with Hypex vs. ICEpower amps, so I have no idea what this is about. I use both but certainly not with difficult speakers. 
erik_squires
I'm not so sure about it being possible to modify the modules themselves. I believe that they are pretty fixed.
Definitely possible - Rogue does it.
I own a pair of Hypex Ncore 500 monoblocks and they are mind-blowing good. They drive a pair of 3 way Ryan MCL 3 that also have complex crossovers and aren't the easiest of loads. In my system, they beat quite a few highly regarded amps, some costing 10x, and by a wide margin...

I believe that Rogue uses the cheaper ucd Hypex modules, not the Ncore.
At it's price point, it makes sense. 

I'm not so sure about it being possible to modify the modules themselves. I believe that they are pretty fixed.
Definitely possible - Rogue does it.
Rogue adds a tube input stage to sweeten the sound from the Class D output stage. This is a good example of adding a house sound.

Boutique amp makers are under a lot of pressure to differentiate their products from the module, which is also branded. Ice has bundled a power supply with the module, leaving "amp makers" scrambling to find tweaks for the copywriters to wordsmith. 

Things are changing though. Module makers realize that boutique amp makers want more control so they can impart their house sound. Hypex has a module that they won't sell to DIY.

Anyway, it's interesting to sit on the sidelines and watch a newer market develop inside of our dinosaur hobby. ;-) 
@addyson815
If your going to copy and paste something from an article, you shouldn’t do just part of it.

There is a perfect refutation of this in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.  I wanted to quote the part but ... Oh come on?? 
Rogue is a poor example of an amplifier. I have little ATCs that Rogue couldn't drive comfortably.