Mytek slams Hypex in Stereophile Amp Review

Mytek's chief designer, Michal Jurewicz, told me. "Hypex [class-D modules] cannot drive it, the amps collapse, but this Brooklyn Amp does it with ease."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mytek-brooklyn-amp-power-amplifier

Which is pretty interesting, because the closest I could find to their specs is from ICEpower modules. :) 

I've not been able to do comparisons with Hypex vs. ICEpower amps, so I have no idea what this is about. I use both but certainly not with difficult speakers. 
erik_squires
From a couple of manufacturers I am familiar with (B&O and Hypex), the modules offer two inputs. One fully buffered, and the other low impedance.

The unbuffered and low impedance input allows the opportunity for OEM’s to make their own input stages. From tubes to discrete class A amps, you name it.

Of course, it also matters how many you are buying. If you buy 10,000, I am sure B&O or Hypex can accommodate custom engineering changes. :)

Best,

Erik
I’ve had several audiophiles listen to my system. No one ever said "Gosh that sounds like class D"

If they don’t know what is driving them they just sound like really good amplifiers, with the usual issues of amp to speaker and component matching. 

Best,

E
Mytek is known to have been using strange marketing methods, especially  for a pro originated company. I remember when Brooklyn came out they were advertising features worth "thousands of dollars"- I believe they meant the phono input. In my experience nothing beats
n-core in d-class. Recently I compared the new IcePower AS 1200 with nc500oem and the SQ factor is definitely pointing to n-core.

Nugat, 

They definitely did make a big deal of the quality of the phonograph stage. :) I have heard good things about it, but I have cats. :) 

The NAD I listen to has Hypex derived circuits. I like it, but I can't say I can tell it's better or worse than my ICE modules. I'm not feeding them into anything particularly challenging though. 

Best,

E
I also have not (knowingly) heard a Pascal based amp either. Anyone who wishes to send me a pair for evaluation... :) 

There are definitely some fans of those modules too. 

Best,

E