Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
It's funny, this could be a (GASP!) new thread: Tiger Woods, fidelity and Ohm.

I recently ended an 8+ year early retirement to (GASP!) go back to work. As a result, my music time has shrunk from app. 4 hrs a day (split between listening and piano and/or guitar practice) to about 1 hr. a day.

Although, in theory, I rotate my Verity P/E, Merlin VSM, and Maggie MMGs into the system periodically, that was slowing down, anyway. Now with the time crunch (okay, piano is going, I'm hopeless anyway), I may just bail on the other speakers.

Anyone in SoCal looking for a deal? I guess I'm an Ohm guy, now.

Marty
BTW the OHMs I would most like to add that I do not already have (if I had room) are the Walsh-less Hs and Is.

For application in smaller rooms, either another pair of Ls (with latest and greatest crossover and drivers from OHM) or one of the harder to find CAM/PRO series, which I have never actually heard, perhaps.
Here's some email news from OHM I just received that should be of interest to those looking at upgrading older OHMs.

"Dear Ohm owners,

To encourage you to move up to the "latest and greatest Ohms ever", we are increasing the trade in values of all old Ohm Walsh speakers.

You can get 40% off the new Walsh Thousand series with the trade in of older Ohm Walsh speakers (maximum trade in value is the original retail of the trade in.)

Model Price after Trade-in Savings Old model needed
MicroWalsh SE $ 840 per pair $ 560 Any Walsh speaker
Walsh 1000 $1200 per pair $ 800 Walsh 2 or higher
Walsh 2000 $1680 per pair $1120 Walsh 3 or higher
Walsh 3000 $2400 per pair $1600 Walsh 3 or higher
Walsh 4000 $3360 per pair $2240 Walsh 4XO or higher
Walsh 5000 $3900 per pair $2600 Walsh 300 Mk-2 or higher

Shipping & Handling is still only $50 per pair.

This offer is good thru April 30, 2010. We may extend the offer if we get enough response.

Please give me a call to discuss your needs and options.

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen, President,

800-783-1553"
Just off the phone with John and have ordered the 4.5000 upgrade for my Ohm Walsh 4's. I will post my opinion once I get them in and have a chance to listen. I have Cary Solid State electronics. Replacing Gallo Ref 3.1 with SA.
That should be a very nice upgrade (three generations of driver improvements) from original Walsh 4's to the latest 5000 drivers! I would expect to hear a big difference. Please let us know how it turns out.