Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Here's a review of Blue Circle's speaker that uses a Walsh driver. Interesting to read the reviewer's impressions of mid range resolution and soundstage. BC made a good decision to enlist Ohm...

http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/bluecircle_bm2.htm
Zk,

Thanks for that.

BC did a nice job putting a unique twist to the design of this speaker to help make their product standout!

Should help OHM get more exposure in teh high end audio world as well, though I'm not sure how much JS really cares about that. He probably knows most of his sales will come from the much larger portion of the music listening population that are closer to the mainstream.

I hope they sell well.
OHM Micro Talls...is the little speaker that could....The micro OHM had a "perspective" of the front or second row of a concert hall while the other OHMs seem to place the listener too far back for me.
Hifidon (Answers
Interesting MWTs (which I have not heard) were more forward. No Walshes I have heard are.
Mapman (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers)

The reviewer of the Blue Circle BM2 writes "...the BM2’s woofers and tweeter are used in pretty typical fashion.

I am going to agree with Hifidon who further states ""where you like to sit at a music event or movie theater" is relevant to a choice of a reproducing loudspeaker."

So, keeping in mind different speakers, rooms, equipment, different everything, which is more likely to be the more common experience for someone owning Ohms vs the BC BM2: Sound that is a little removed from us, less physically immediate, putting us back a few rows in the concert hall, or sound that is more closer, where we are aware of the instruments presence?

My sense is, after reading the comments and Doug Schneider's review, it is generally the former, but until Hifidon brought the matter up, no one much mentioned it (concert hall perspective). So, those who have considerable experience with Ohms and live musical experiences, I'd like to get your take. When you go to concerts, where do you like to sit?

For the first time in my life, I am going to attend a number of indoor concerts, musicals, etc. in a relatively short period of time, and I am purposely selecting different seats in the hall to gain a better perspective on live music from different seating positions. I expect to be buying new speakers later in the year.
I like to generally sit in the "sweet spot", dead center and a bit further back than the performance width.

I listen with my larger OHMs in a similar configuration but I listen to the 100s in the smaller room more nearfield like being front row just left of center.

Sometimes with the larger OHMs in the larger room, I sit near field also, just 1.5 feet in front of and a tad outside of the left speaker (they are about 6 feet apart) and the soundstage shifts yet remains detailed and coherent.

One nice thing about good omnis is you can sit if different locations and get different presentations without moving the speakers, which can make for a nice and easy change of pace.