Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Does anybody have an experience with the Ohm subwoofers? I'm seriously thinking about getting one...
Parasound: I have zero experience with Ohm subs, but two things make me optimistic about them. 1 - You get a 120 day return option, risking only shipping. 2 - John Strohbeen knows how to design and voice loudpspeakers. Why not try one out and post your impressions?

Well, I've had my Ohm Walsh Center speaker ($700 + shipping) for a week now, so I'd thought I'd comment. This is the smaller version of the center, roughly 20" wide and 6" deep. The cabinet is only about 2 or 3 inches high, with the Ohm Walsh driver mounted on top in the center. This is a smaller Walsh driver than in my 2000s, and rises about 6" above the cabinet for a total hieght of about 9". Fit and finish of the black wood-grain is excellent. As per John Strohbeen's recommendation, I have the center tilted down toward the listening seat, since it sits atop my ancient SD RPTV. I sit about 10 feet back from the TV. As per Ohm, the Center is crossed over at 80Hz via my Sherwood-Newcastle P-965 pre-pro. Bass is supplied by a Definitive Technology PF-15 sealed 15" sub with a 185-watt internal amp. The bass and LFE signal are smoothed out using both a Paradigm X-30 sub controller and Behringer 1124P FBDP parametric digital EQ.

This little Walsh Center is an Ohm Walsh speaker through and through. It has the same clarity and definition of my 2000s, with a very smooth presentation of both music and dialog. Several films I have viewed using the Walsh Center were in Dolby Digital 1.0 - i.e., mono. Even though all the sound above 80Hz came from this one small speaker, there was no apparent lack of dynamic impact or any sighns that the Walsh Center was being pushed too hard.

This center is an excellent compliment to my 2000s, and along with the MWTs I found used for surround speakers, soundtracks sound wonderful - realisitic, natural and enveloping. So much so, I am seriously considering removing the Paradigm Atoms that reproduce the back-surround channels. Another solid product from Ohm.
Interesting that as I write this, there are 4 active Ohm threads on the first page.
I used ohm 300 mk 2 for fronts, pro 200 for center,2xo for rears and also have a 4x0. I use a SVS sub which is cylindrical, what more can you ask for non conventional setup? all being driven by carver/sunfire. Oppo is my blu ray player and lots of dakiom stabilizers. Still haven't decided on hd projector upgrade. I have too many loudspeakers, still have acoustat spectra electrostats, eminent tech, maggies and NO BOSE. Can't really go wrong any of these designs!
Just an FYI sent to me by Ohm (heads-up on the subwoofer deal, Parasound) -

"Ohm will be closed from June 26 to July 12 for our Summer Holiday. These all have Ohm's 120-Day Home Trial and a 3-Year Limited Warranty. Shipping is only $50 per pair in the lower 48 states.

Walsh 5 Limited Edition NEWLY VENEERED cabinets with new Walsh 5000 drivers....Regularly $7000 Now $5400.

Walsh 300 black cabinets with new Walsh 4000 drivers......................Regularly $5600 Now $3900

Walsh 200 S-3 rosewood cabinets with new Walsh 3000 drivers...................Regularly $4000 Now $2800

Walsh 100 walnut cabinets with new Walsh 2000 drivers.....................Regularly $2800 Now $1900

Walsh 100-S3 cherry cabinets....Regularly $2000 Now $1300

MicroWalsh Tall Signature Edition in rosewood ...............Regularly $1400 Now $1000

SB-12D rosewood subwoofer, dual 12" driver in end-table cabinet.................Regularly $1200 Now $ 850

MicroWalsh Short Omnis in walnut cabinets................Regularly $ 950 Now $ 665

Must ORDER by June 25, 2010.

Call me to discuss your needs and options.

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen, President, 800-783-1553"

NOTE: I am not affiliated with Ohm Acoustics in any way outside of being a satisfied customer.