PS3 or DVD1800BD

I have a PS3 and I'm wondering if I should "upgrade" to the denon DVD1800BD or it's bigger brothers. The denon Blu ray players don't have wireless so Blu ray live (the online content?) won't work I'm guessing. I'm wondering if bitstream will sound better than the PS3's output (linear PCM). For my taste, the PS3 video looks great on my samsung but I'm wondering if the sound quality will be significantly better. I have a denon 4308ci as my a/v receiver. Any insights would be appreciated.
oinker48
I would disagree, having owned a PS3 and seven other stand alone Blu-rays, including the Denon 2500BTCI, the PS3 is a pretty lame Blu-ray player from both video and audio standpoints. I do love some of the games though!!!
Hey Pdjmwj. If you go over to the Denon 2500 thread at AVS, soemeone there will be more than happy to burn you a disc. Did You get your unit from an authorized dealer?
I own the Denon 2500 also. It is head and shoulders above the PS3 as far as picture quality and sound quality are concerned. Denon has stepped up and supported the 2500 with firmware upgrades. Many stand alone Blu Ray players have needed firmware upgrades, this will probably be straightened out soon.

I do wish the 2500 had come with an ethernet for firmware upgrades but it didn't. I am still very happy with it, it's built like a tank. I plan to trade it in for the new DVD-A1UDCI Universal Blu Ray player being released by Denon in a short time. I won't have to burn any more discs for updates wirth it.
I dont know why so many insist even argue the PS3 is a great (and some say greatest) Blu Ray player out there, sure if you like games and the storage its a good option.
I have never felt a all in one box is better than a dedicated unit designed to just one thing great, when you stuff 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag somethings gotta give.
The 3 is loud and average IMHO but it is a solid value for what it is and never would disagree with ones choice.
Any blu-ray player properly designed and integrated to pass 1080p will look the same video wise,with the exception of certain machines capability's to tweak the PQ. Now, as far as audio,thats a whole nuther story...
More to discover