Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
I suspect the b& ks will do a very respectable job so worth trying first. Then you have a reference for comparison once the 5000s break in.

I started with a 120 w/ch musical fidelity A3cr at first with my 5s and got good results but nothing compared to the bc's.
Oh I've been running the b&K on the 5000's for 2 yrs. Well broken in and definitely make beautiful music together on solo piano and chamber music. But on large scale works they get congested. We also play quite a lot of pipe organ and I feel the bass is lacking support. Hence the desire for more power.

I am leaning towards the Van Alstine 600R because it's a hybrid valve/FET which may have a smoother top end than the W4S - more like what I am getting with the B&K but with tighter and lower bass.
Okay, got you. I didn't know if this was the case or if the 5000's were new or what. Makes sense then, and you could maybe benefit from a bit more power there possibly. Those pipe organs can sure push a system to it's limits, that is for sure.

I haven't heard the Van Alstine, but have heard good things about his equipment. I would say if you can purchase with a trial, that would be the way to go in order to make sure you aren't just wasting your money there. Either way, enjoy the tunes! Tim
Coot,

THe BC ref1000m will definitely address any congestion and bass issues. Strongly recommended. I'd expect very good results with the Wyreds as well.
Coot,

Another amp I have used to good effect with my 5s as a pinchhitter for the BCs once is the Tube Audio Design 125 Hibachi monoblocks. These are an absolute steal usually at under $1000 when the y come up for sale here. Unfortunately, TAD was a one man shop and the designer and support guy who was great with service and communications passed away recently,

The TAD 125s are 180w/ch and go for more of a tube amp sound in a mostly SS package. With my 5s, they are lovely all around with a particularly vivid midrange. Ultimate bass authority, slam and control is just a tad behind the BCs at most normal volumes. THe BCs however just continue to expand the sound effortlessly as the volume goes up whereas the TADs will start to compress a bit sooner.

I use the TADs normally with my smaller 100S3 OHMs and they are a perfect match there!