Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
IF a newer amp has lots of bells and whistles and sells for a price comparable to comparable powered gear with less b+ws sold 20 years ago, I'd say there is a fairly good chance the older unit can outperform the newer since the newer unit does more things and cost does not reflect the impact of inflation on a design from 20 years ago.
I noticed during spinning class at a brand new gym yesterday that the newer Crown Class D amps were being used with Peavey (horn) speakers there. Sound was very good, much clearer and dynamic than older non Class D Crown amps in similar setup at my older gym. Amps are more commercial looking in design being for professional use mainly but I think they could do quite well in a home application for very reasonable cost.
Disclaimer: OHMs and Peavey commercial horns are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of design, but I still would be interested to hear how the Crowns might do with OHMs. From what I read they use some Harmon International proprietary Class D chip circuitry that may or may not be up to the task of driving a less efficient and more difficult load than most pro speakers present.
I just got through making a cradle around my OHM 5000's. Let me explain. I have them sitting on 15" X 15" granite slabs and 4 tip toes underneath. Even with the wheels locked they were a hazard of falling off. I have better bass response under the granite. I took a 1 X 6, stained them same shade as speakers and used L brackets to connect. Looks pretty cool. I will post pic later on my page. Has anyone placed granite underneath their OHMs and could they tell a difference?
Odd note of the day:

After a ton of experimentation with room position, my Ohms ended up sitting atop a pair of subwoofers. The added height seemed to improve imaging and the subs (plus Audyssey) made any impact on the bass output irrelevant. Of course, this decision led to a ton more experimentation: What goes between the top of the subs and the bottom of the Ohms?

I tried tile, marble slabs, wood shelves, with hard cones, soft rubber footers, etc. I ended up using one tick towel per side. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but it seems to damp the vibration from the sub while also keeping the speakers stable.

I understand that this one flies in the face of audiophile dogma, but it worked better than anything else I tried and better than traditional on floor placement.

Go figure.

Marty