Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Thank you all for your sound advice (pun intended). I will go for the amps first - a pair of D-Sonic M2-1500s sometime in the Fall.
Coot: At the rate I am going, you'll have your new amp before I will have mine, so when you do get it, please post your impressions. Thanks!
Absolutely! I have learned much from you guys and other forums as well. Only fair to reciprocate.

My system is MacMini > M2Tech Hiface2 USB/spdif converter > M2Tech Young DAC > Placette VCU > B&K EX442 > Ohm Acoustics 5000s

Regarding the amps' break-in, can I run them with speakers off w/o damage?
Coot, is that Placette VCU a Placette Audio passive linestage preamp? If so, you might have an impedance mismatch with the D-Sonic M2 which I believe have an input impedance of only 10Kohm. Actually there some confusion, is the D-Sonic M2 input impedance 10Kohm or 60Kohm? At 10Kohm it will give trouble (roll off highs) to resistor type passive preamp and some tube preamps. If the input impedance 60Kohm, there should be no problem.
I'd check the input impedance spec of the newer D-Sonic amps.

The older ones were stock Icepower, 10K ohm input impedance, not a great match for most higher output impedance pre-amps, like most tube pre-amps. DOn't know about Placette specifically.

Newer D-Sonics use Pascal Class D modules I believe and I recall reading these have 40K or so input impedance, which is much better for use with high output impedance pre-amps.

I would confirm the D-Sonic output impedance specs though in that I am not 100% certain about specs of the newer D-Sonics.