Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Jwc2012: I have a pair of 2000s in a 2800 c.f. basement. Although you might be sitting nearfield (I sit 9' back), the speaker doesn't know or care where you are sitting. It is going to fill the enite space. Even with powered subs, crossed over, 1st order, at 80Hz, my 150 watt/channel amp is clipping in the midrange. So, if you are going to run the 2000 cans full range, make sure you have enough juice, and check with John at Ohm to make sure the 2000 cans will work. If I had a lot more money and a little more space, I would have gone with the 3000s. Just my $0.02.
"Besides size how do the Ohm Walsh 2000 and 3000 series differ?"

Size of the speaker/enclosure, size of the Walsh driver, and size of the room that the speaker is capable of producing full range sound in accordingly.

Larger rooms generally require larger speakers to achieve similar good results, especially in the lowest frequency range. All Walsh models in the line are designed to sound equally good in rooms of various sizes. No need to buy larger more expensive models if a smaller one fits the bill. That's a fairly unique aspect of the OHM Walsh line.
Mapman is spot-on. I do own a pair of MWTs, the previous version to the current one, and the sonics are quite similar to my 2000s. My Walsh center channel speaker is perfect match to my 2000s.
thanks

I thought that I had read somewhere that the driver materials or something was different between the 1000/2000 series and the 3000/4000 series.

Just curious, it would not persaude me from buying one over the other.

In fact I have two 3000s and a center channel in Sapele on order. Talking with John I didn't think to ask and I didn't want to bother him with a call back (I had talked with him several times as it was and a couple of emails too).

Thanks for all the info in this thread. It was very useful