Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Mapman is spot-on. I do own a pair of MWTs, the previous version to the current one, and the sonics are quite similar to my 2000s. My Walsh center channel speaker is perfect match to my 2000s.
thanks

I thought that I had read somewhere that the driver materials or something was different between the 1000/2000 series and the 3000/4000 series.

Just curious, it would not persaude me from buying one over the other.

In fact I have two 3000s and a center channel in Sapele on order. Talking with John I didn't think to ask and I didn't want to bother him with a call back (I had talked with him several times as it was and a couple of emails too).

Thanks for all the info in this thread. It was very useful
"I thought that I had read somewhere that the driver materials or something was different between the 1000/2000 series and the 3000/4000 series. "

That's possible but do not know. John Strohbeen would.

I do recall reading Walsh drivers in latest X000 series are of different materials than in past, I think.
I like things squared up as much as possible, so when I first installed my 5000s, I set them facing straight forwards. I have been happy with the sound, but being an audiophile ("It's good but maybe it can be better."), the other day I was adjusting them to angle outwards so the label points towards the seating more.

My wife wanted to know why. If they are omnidirectional, what difference should it make? I truly did not have a good answer other than because there's a sticker - that's why. I knew my answer didn't satisfy either one of us, so what should I have said?
OHM Walshes by default are NOT fully omnidirectional There is a separate tweeter that is directional above 7khz or so angled inwards normally. That works to produce widest soundstage by default. I have dabbled with angling out for more direct exposure as well. Nothing wrong with that. I find when I do, soundstage narrows but tonal brightness increases in "sweet spot" due to direct tweeter exposure.

JS changes this configuration to make it more omnidirectional in some special cases, including special requests.