Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
Ryan Adams' version of Taylor Swift's album 1989. Was it a goof?  Was it an actual tribute? I don't know. I've never heard the TS versions of these songs (except "Shake It Off") ---but I can't imagine I'd like them as much as I like this album by Ryan Adams.
I love Eva Cassidy

I prefer her _Songbird_ to Christine McVie’s

But my favorite _Over the Rainbow_ is by Impellitteri

https://youtu.be/fsebbb_xTtQ
Siouxie and the Banshees / The Passenger AND Trust in Me (from The Jungle Book, Disney movie. You know, with Kaa the Snake...)
David Bowie / See Emily Play
Frankie Goes to Hollywood / Born to Run
I have to agree with blueranger. Jimi's cover of All Along the Watchtower is one of the all-time great covers.
Brownssville Station. "Sweet Jane". Awesome take on a classic song. More energy and drive. Its overlooked because it was from a one hit wonder group.