Is there a consensus as to blu ray sound quality?

I have no doubt missed it...as it's probably been discussed ad nauseum on these electronic pages, but I still wonder...is there a consensus of the sound quality differential between regular players and the new blu ray?
Of course the video qualities and disc qualities are apparently much upgraded into the blu ray tech, but does this mean the sound is as consistently better? Has anyone played one of Winston Ma's incredible FIM remakes on a blu ray, if so tell us about what you're hearing.
Also, am wondering if any of the CD mfgrs are planning audiophile versions of blu ray??
lrsky
I hope so Kal, but the RIAA has been really stupid with their practices of the last decade. I know I would re-buy a lot of albums if they came in an uncompressed Blu-ray format!
Yeah, but will the RIAA actually ever produce them so I COULD buy them???

That is the real question!
Yes, duh Animal Farm by Orwell, not the book '1984'. Damn those dead brain cells!
I have not read the entire thread, but in response to the title, " Is there a consensus as to blu ray sound quality?", I have to ask if there's a consensus regarding any topic in the audiophile hobby?

Sometimes, I think if there was an audiophile alone in a room, he'd (she'd) have a difficult time reaching a consensus.