Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Map, totally agree with you on the speaker end, it is what overly flavours the pot of stew, the electronics to me are just the basic ingredients. Of course they do have to come together somewhat!

I have felt for a long time that while there are differences in the sonics of the electronic chain, most sound more alike than not, differences to my ears very small compared to what different speakers are capable of.

Anymore I grow tired of trying to listen to or hear those differences, I tend to just listen to the music instead, and I have enjoyed things much more that way. Tim
Just a ping for anyone interested that there is a very nice looking pair of Walsh 5 S3s similar to mine but with newer and very nice special wood/finish cabinets up for auction here currently that might be had for a steal.

Disclaimer: do not know the seller or this particular pair so do your usual recommended homework before buying/bidding.

CAbinets are big and heavy so make sure shipping can occur without issue if needed.
I know this thread was supposed to be for the Micro Walsh, but since it's turned into an "Ohm" thread, just thought I'd mention...
Just bought a pair of used Wash 3's (haven't hooked them up yet), and the WAF was pretty low. Heh, I think she said, "those are the ugliest f$#@ing speakers I've ever seen in my life". I was like, "they don't have the grills on... check them out now". She thought they were slightly better with the grills. Haha, hope they sound good.
I once redid the fabric on the grilles on my original Walsh 2s myself for better WAF years ago.

I bought some loose woven (sound transparent)beige colored wool fabric at a local fabric store to better match the room decor at the time.

You could also just barely see through the fabric enough in good light to see the outline of the "can" inside, which made for a nice touch!

OHMs are a unique breed. Not all will love them. No technology exposed really to look at and marvel over! :-)