Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I'm very happy with mid level Synergistic Research Cables, both the Tesla T3 power cables and Tesla Accelerator speaker cables. I have purchased these on the preowned market for reasonable prices.

Also, I might need a little electrical physics explanation about the current abilities of my ARC Ref150 tube amp. Specs list power supply energy storage as 1040 joules but max current is not listed. This appears to be less than 10 amps driving my CS3.6s with a minimum impedance of 2.3 ohms (below 2.5 over a wide frequency range). I have used much higher current solid state Krells and Bryston amps with my Thiels, but much prefer tubes at my comfortable listening volume. I can only hear distortion/compression above comfortable listening levels.

Also, can someone explain why power specs for tube amps are listed the same for different loads? Power output with my ARC amp (and other tube amps I've checked) is the same for 8 and 4 ohms. This really goes against all the talk here about amps that double down.

Thanks,
Jon
Jon - tube amps generally have transformer-coupled outputs with different winding taps for different impedance loads. The same power capacity (1040 joules) is matched to the chosen load via the transformer tap. Some tube amps add a 2-ohm tap, which I would put into the listening / evaluation mix.
vair68robert

Absolutely! Feel free to discuss any and all gear that elevates these speakers to audio nirvana.  Good to see you.   Happy Listening!
jonandfamily

Good to see you. Hope you are well and enjoying the Fall season.
The ARC Ref150 is a fine amp indeed. I have heard it a few times over the years.   Happy Listening!
dsper

There are a few contributors here that suggest SR cables and power cords on their Thiel speakers. Go for it.  Happy Listening!