In wall surrounds.

Anyone using inwall speakers for side and rear channels? WHat are the pros and cons?
be20
I don't have nearly the experience or the budget of many on this forum, but my new HT will have in-wall speakers for the surround backs. I will be installing two Parasound C-265 speakers this summer, I found them heavily discounted on AudioAdvisor's website.

BTW, my front speakers will be in-wall as well, the left right and center will all be SpeakerCraft Cinema One's. Don't crucify me if these are bad choices, I'm learning as I go on this starter theater.
If you select any of the few THX certified in-walls/ceilings - they are sometimes adjustable to their placement/or recommend placement if not - to keep THX standards - one of the 7 THX rules for sound quality is the speakers ability at imaging correctly with the other speakers placed by this standard. Therefore THX demands that these speakers point source the image at precise positions in your space, so, these speakers can be depended upon to deliver the caliber of sound quality you are looking for. All other inwall/inceilings regardless of brand will be a shot in the dark.

Good luck/have fun/enjoy
I have the small B&W in-walls and they work great for surrounds. I bought them based on advise from Spearit Sound here in Boston. I am happy, the wife's happy the speakers are in the wall and I am glad I didn't spend more money on surrounds.
I've been using 4 in-wall Linn 2K 106 speakers in a
7.1 channel system. No down side. Works great for
movies. Using ultra expensive speakers for surround
information is silly unless you were really into
multi-channel music, which I am not. Besides sounding
great the flush mounted speakers almost disappear in the room visually.