Buying large audio equipment

Hey Guys,

After purchasing some sweet Polk audio tweeters from Amazon, I'm now one step away from completing our "home theatre" system. Only thing left is a nice woofer but as I was about to get it from Amazon, I literally removed it from the cart. The only thing that's holding me back is the size.

I don't purchase large electronics online. Just because of safety reasons and the annoyance that may come with returning or exchange the product etc.  I trust Amazon and love how they release an invoice right away but still . . .

Have you guys ever bought any large audio equipment online. Is it a safe bet? Or am I better off just walking into a BestBuy, etc.
jumperboy
Just look it over top-to-bottom when it arrives. If there is obvious damage, simply refuse delivery and make drive note on receipt.Also, all Amazon items are returnable if D.O.A., I believe...

Yeah I guess. I prefer Amazon right now over anything anyways. Thx for the responses guys.

@secretguy  - Totally! I actually despise BestBuy but felt like I had no choice. 5 years ago I bought a TV from them and it was such a mess.

I will definitely by big ticket items online now. As long as I hold on to my receipt, I think I'll be alright. Cheers!
My experience is very good for all large pieces EXCEPT subs!

Usually the speaker basket and magnet are so heavy unless they are packaged like fort knox then invariably they break in transit.
Had two myself suffer this so subs I now will only buy local and collect.
While I agree Amazon is easy enough to return if damaged the aim is to get one in perfect shape and NOT go through all the hassle of returns, upset etc.
Paid $1000 to ship Quad 57s. Arrived in huge boxes bolted to pallets. No issues.
REL subwoofers by USPS with no issues either. 
I guess you were lucky.
It does not make much difference how well the outside is packed with subs as it is usually the sheer weight and size of the internal driver of a sub that is the problem and it moving during transit.
My rel arrived with basket completely snapped off every section at the magnet but perfect cosmetics!