Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
Probably not better than Rod Stewart's version but Amy Helm's cover of "Mandolin Wind" is a fresh take and very enjoyable. Check it out!
I heard the original of "Sea of Love" (Phil Phillips) today on a juke box. I like the Honey Dripper's (Robert Plant) better but it is a really a toss up.
Better is a very loaded term.  I'm not saying they are better, but...
Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" by Otis ReddingBob Dylan's "Blind Willie McTell" by Mick TaylorPaul Simon's "American Tune" by Willie NelsonWailer's "Get Up, Stand Up" by Ojos de BrujoTraffic's "No Time To Live" by Johnny Winter AndAl Green's "Love And Happiness" by Toots HibbertEarl King's "Come On" by Jimi HendrixDionne Warwick's "I Say A Little Prayer" by Aretha Franklin
Birdy's cover of The National's "Skinny Love" The first time I heard it (on vinyl), I had tears welling up in my eyes. Did you hear that @n80? ??
Much as I love The Byrds, it almost pains me to say Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers did a much better job with “Feel A Whole Lot Better (When You’re Gone)”.