Stranded vs Solid Copper

I am making a home made outlet box with Hospital grade receptacles. I am hard wiring into the existing outlet box that was poorly installed.(to far recessed) Does it matter if I use solid or stranded wire for the extension wire/cord in terms of its effect on sound? The length is 4’ to 5’
128x128coachpoconnor
@coachpoconnor said:
I’ll look into a better breaker 
There is only one correct breaker for each panel. That is the one that is the correct current rating (regular/GFCI/AFCI) specified by the manufacturer of your panel. Any other breaker is the wrong breaker. Period.
sleepwalker65
There is only one correct breaker for each panel. That is the one that is the correct current rating (regular/GFCI/AFCI) specified by the manufacturer of your panel. Any other breaker is the wrong breaker. Period.
This is mistaken. There are instances where there are alternatives to using the OEM's breaker. For example, Siemens makes substitutes for some Square D breakers. UL listed, too. See this.
@towertone 60Hz and you’re talking about skin effect? Are you sure you’re an electrician?
Skin effect has zero role in signal transmission at audio frequencies. This is simply more snake oil promoted by cable manufacturers and their "believers." Cables are passive devices and as a result have a linear response. Only at very high frequencies, way beyond those of human hearing, does skin effect play a significant role.
I’d agree either stranded or solid should work the same. I’d use solid for internal box wiring and stranded for cables, based solely on flexibility.