... what is Settling Time in cables and interconnects...

Hello to all...

Was reading on a cable/interconnect manufacturers' site that they recommend min 350 preferrably 450 hrs Burn-In time, and 2 to preferably 24 hrs Settling Time (after plugged and unplugged).

Have never heard the term Settling Time: what is it, how is it done, what effect would it have if done or not done, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - would like to hear from someone who has actually done this and your impressions...

THANKS!
justvintagestuff
Living Life and finding new music to listen too,,,good music and accepting how it sounds on my current audio rig
Ask one hundred people, you'll get one hundred different answers. Even if you can find someone to give you a direct answer to your questions, would you believe them without verifying yourself? Let your ears be your guide and cut out the middle man...
Purist Audio's fluid cables definitely need at least a few hours to settle after you moved them. Couple of other brands that I have and tried - I heard no difference. But that's my hearing and my system. Still - nothing major, unlike Purist.