... what is Settling Time in cables and interconnects...

Hello to all...

Was reading on a cable/interconnect manufacturers' site that they recommend min 350 preferrably 450 hrs Burn-In time, and 2 to preferably 24 hrs Settling Time (after plugged and unplugged).

Have never heard the term Settling Time: what is it, how is it done, what effect would it have if done or not done, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - would like to hear from someone who has actually done this and your impressions...

THANKS!
justvintagestuff
inna
They don’t want to sell broken - in equipment. It has a bad sound to it.

>>>>>That’s quite a bold statement and one that flies in the face of most people’s experience. Do you have any evidence to back up your statement?

inna
In any case, I would not call idiots those who have no opportunity to defend themselves and I would not teach them how to do commerce.

>>>>I’m not calling them idiots. I’m calling them short-sighted and perhaps close minded. No offense to them or you. They are free to post their comments on the subject here as this is a free forum. If I thought it would do any good I’d send out an email distribution to all appropriate manufacturers.
The phrase " broken-in" doesn't have a nice ring to it. " Burnt-in " is not much better. And they would have to say either of them, or both. 
Nothing to do with money directly, everything to do with image and stance.
Elizabeth called them idiots, Geoff, not you.
sejodiren,

"So I just took all my cables and dragged them around out in the snow...."
Nothing works like good old cryoing the cables. And you did it in organic and gluten-free way. Kudos to you. No wonder they sounded better. Could ears falling off have also influenced the sound to some extent? Maybe that is all that Van Gogh was trying to achieve. Get sweeter timbre and faster transients.
geoffkait,

"...start worrying what all the dust that settles on them will do to the cable and the sound. Cockroaches crawling on them may also not have the best electric properties."
"Obviously when you’re not an audiophile this sort of thing doesn’t matter. Thanks for the reminder, glubson."
Any time, geoffkait, any time I can help you learn more about yourself. There is nothing wrong with not being an audiophile or not having a system with fuses but participating on these threads. It is all game anyway, 100 years from now it will not matter to either one of us.