Receivers

Hi all!

Anyone would know which would be the best choice of these receivers below:

- Denon AVR 5803
- Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi
- ONKYO TX-NR1000

I am looking to upgrade my receivers but also looking for a used THX Ultra receiver. My speakeres are THX Ultra and wanted to get a THX Ultra receiver to match the THX sound.

Thanks for any advice!
mantaraydesign
Also take a look at Integra which is the upscale Onkyo brand - one other thought - I would look for a product that has the Audyssey MultiEQ function - IME it will do more for bringing your room together then matching the THX standard

Audyssey is a third party that basically uses the DSP as an EQ - they license various versions to OEMs (manufacturers)

Here is the page from their site listing all consumer HT receivers - maybe you can have it all!

http://www.audyssey.com/products/index.html
I just installed an Integra AVR in my HT room. IMHO, Audyssey alone justifies the $1K price tag.

Marty
I believe the Integra DTR 8.9 and DTR-9.9 has the THX ULTRA II features.... I'm aiming for the DTR 8.9 next month....
"Mantaraydesign"

I second "Audiobyus1's" recommendations. If you are buying a receiver in the high-end of the market, I would go with a Denon, as well as either an Arcam or a Marantz.

Otherwise, as the lower end of the market, then it's either NAD, Onkyo, Yamaha (which is what I own for right now) and H/K (one of my favorites, and is thinking about going back to...... I am looking into their AVR-354 model and is rather serious about it...... High-End Sound for under $1K).

Good Luck and Happy Shopping.

--Charles--
B&K. My 307 has had a 507 processor upgrade when they were available and now I'm waiting for the newest upgrade to be available. It's been a very reliable receiver. It has THX Ultra and bass management. I've seen quite a few 507's for sale here.