Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
Post removed 
Louie Louie- The Kingsmen.Hurt- Johnny Cash.Have Love Will Travel- The Sonics.Money- Jerry Lee Lewis. (Live At The Star Club). Barrett's original version is great too.Spooky- Dusty Springfield.Sweet Jane- Cowboy Junkies.Disco Inferno- Damian Lovelock.Mr. Suit- New Bomb Turks.Jivin' Sister Fanny- New Bomb Turks.Eleanor Rigby- Zoot.Hush - Deep Purple.Love Buzz- Nirvana.Mad World- Gary Jules.Satisfaction- Otis Redding.Young Man's Blues- The Who.I Fought The Law- Bobby Fuller Four.Goin' Blind- Melvins.The Green Manalishi - Melvins.

@initforthemusic, great list! Nice to see someone who knows Bobby Fuller's version of "I Fought The Law" was a cover of Buddy Holly's, and who also didn't nominate The Clash's God-awful version ;-) . Though I really, really love Barrett Strong's original of "Money", Jerry Lee's is great too. I liked The Beatles version until I heard Barrett's, which leaves their's in the dust. Wicked guitar tone, and deep, deep groove.