Parasound HCA-2200 - Should I repair, or sell?

I have a Parasound HCA-2200 that has an intermittent problem with the left channel dropping in/out for a few seconds or more. I have made sure to eliminate any problems with preamp, speakers, wires, loose connections, etc. I tried using the phono jacks and the xlr connectors on the amp and preamp, swapped all things involved... I'm sure it's the left channel of the amp.

If I adjust gain up/down on the preamp when the sound drops out, the channel pops back on. Sometimes, it will come back on by itself if the source volume pops up. Seems unpredictable when it will drop other than maybe due to lack of sensitivity? But definitely comes back when you adjust gain -- doesn't matter which channel of the preamp is being fed into it, doesn't matter about the source.

Bottom line: It's an intermittent problem. Is the amp worth fixing? I do drive it at various times and run a pair of Magnepan MG1.7s with it. 
I have not taken it in for an estimate. There is an authorized repair shop in Nashville. $60+ for "look-see" and $100+ to who knows how much for repair.
For those of you who do bench work, do you think this sounds like it's going to be difficult to diagnose?
Thank you, all! Your help most appreciated.

linesides
Yes, this seems like a quick and inexpensive fix. Totally worth doing for a decent piece of kit.
On the back, it just says "HCA-2200" so I presume it is not a Curl.
What is current value range for a working "HCA-2200"?
FWIW, amp sounds great otherwise. Just don't want to spend more on repair than on a replacement. Hoping that the problem can be found/repaired without a lot of trouble.

Many thanks to those who responded!!!
I would be inclined to repair it. They sell for $600+, sometimes over $700, and that's the original, not the II.   

if it comes and goes, could be something as simple as a cold solder joint.

I have worked 2200  and the mk2 versions. both are nice amps, but the Curl mk2 version is really worth seeking out.

Parasound use not the best electrolytic caps, so on 4 of the Mk2s I have worked on, all 4 of them needed the input power supply boards re-capped, while only 1 needed new main PS filters.

The Mk2 version with fresh caps, is a really solid amp within its power range.

Post removed